Here on the Church channel of CHARIS, our team of talented writers published over 175 posts last year, exploring such topics as elder-minister relationships, self-care, preaching, conflict within a church or leadership team, corporate worship, depression, healthy responses for church leaders, race, shepherding and mentoring, gender, the presidential election, and so much more!
We are exceedingly grateful for our writing team who regularly give of their time to develop thoughtful posts to challenge, equip, and encourage you, our readers.
Here’s a quick recap of some of our most read posts from 2016.*
- The Reason Your Kids Don’t Like Church by Jason Locke, preaching minister for the College Church of Christ in Fresno, California
- We Are Not Issues, We Are People by Amy McLaughlin-Sheasby, instructor in the undergraduate Department of Bible, Missions, and Ministry at Abilene Christian University
- Electing to Follow Jesus: Claiming Our Baggage by Randy Harris and Greg Taylor, co-authors of Daring Faith: Meeting Jesus in the Book of John
- Singing Is a Sacrament by Darryl Tippens, University Distinguished Scholar at Abilene Christian University
- White-Colored Glasses by Kelly Edmiston, student and family minister at the First Colony Church of Christ in Sugar Land, Texas
What were some of your favorite CHARIS posts in 2016? We would love to hear from you!
*Note: Some of our writers actually made the most read list multiple times! To give you a broader sampling of our contributors, we’re including only one post from each.